Clermont County is Looking for More Foster Homes. Visit our ClermontForKids website for more info.
The purpose of Foster Parenting is to create an environment for healing.
- Are over 18 years of age
- Are in good physical and emotional health
- Meet state and federal guidelines for housing safety, space and equipment
- Regularly participate in training so they can provide the best possible care that will meet the unique needs of the children.
- Have skillls, attitude and stamina to effectively deal with the many behaviors and feelings displayed by the children.
Foster Parents responsibility
- Accept into your family and home children who have been abused or neglected.
- Provide food, clothing, shelter, nurturance, love, structure and supervision.
- Recognize and respond to the unique needs of these children and their families.
- Receive the practical/emotional rewards of contributing to the well being of these children.
- Have a non-punitive attitude and demonstrate some level of acceptance toward the parents of these children
- Work cooperatively with the representatives of Children s Protective Services.
- Be accepting of the temporary nature of foster care and can help a child move back into his or her family, an adoptive home or other suitable placement.
Human Services Responsibility
- Reimburse foster parents for a childs room, board and clothing
- Arrange for medical and dental care
- Provide supervision, support and case management services
How to Become a Foster Parent
- Call 732-7765 and speak with Trina for additional information.
- Attend our orientation meeting and learn more about our specific programs.
- Start your training and home study now